October 6, 2010

Nuptials

Fall weddings. When the weather is as nice as it's been this past week, I think it's the perfect time of year to get married. We're going to a girlfriend's wedding this weekend, so of course I wanted to make a card for the momentous occasion.  The design I created was to be reminiscent of a bride sitting with her dress puffed up around her so you could see her fabulous shoes. My intent was to have the shoes as the focal. 
my sketches (if you can call them that!)

Once I started the card, it proved to be harder than anticipated. The effect I was going for wasn't translating well to paper.  To make it work,  I made the pouffy dress out of crumpled tissue paper.  Then, after MANY scratched shoe samples that i made, I resorted to scrap booking embellishments for the shoes. I did the same with the bodice, cutting it apart from a full dress embellishment. I think it turned out great. 

Inside of the card


                                              
Materials:
Paper: White (The Paper Company), Silver (Making Memories), Striped Silver/White/Black (Making Memories)
Embellishments: Bodice/Shoes (Jolee Boutique), Brads (Recollections)
Stamp(saying for inside of card): Inkadinkadoo
Ink: Concord Crush (Stampin' Up)



No comments: