February 20, 2011

30 for 30 {Day 18-French Bee}



I'm channeling a french bumble bee today, but I like it. Anytime I wear my black/white striped tee, I feel very Parisian. Pairing it with my mustard dress makes me feel a bit like a bumble bee. Hence, French Bee. We had brunch plans at our friend Hadley's house. But this wasn't just any brunch. This was a California White Wine tasting brunch. Each of us brought a CA white wine for the group to try. That's 11 bottles of wine at 11am. Yikes!  Good thing we had tons of food to go with that wine. We've been to Hadley's wine parties before and I must say, they are Fabulous!! This was no exception. The party started promptly at 11a.m. and we finally headed home at 6:30p.m. How's that for a power brunch?!? We had a great time and found a few wines we absolutely loved (the mimosas weren't half bad either!). The quiche was to die for. He had it catered from a local grocery store and I must say, it was worth the gazillion fat grams it must have contained. I don't think I've ever had a quiche so rich and creamy...pure cream was used in that baby I'm sure. 






As the wine and mimosas kicked in afternoon wore on, we broke out the camera and tripod. Nothing says afternoon fun like group shots using self timer! We got some classic shots - see for yourself:




1 comment:

S B Hadley Wilson said...

My next event, whenever it will be, will be to have an event that goes from brunch to brunch!