April 12, 2011

Palm Springs {Outfit to Card}

It was my girlfriend's birthday last week and I'm a bit late in making her card. I was inspired by this spread in Lucky's Feb Issue. When we were in college, we used to drive to Palm Springs on the weekends when the weather wasn't so great in LA. I love the style there - mid-century modern, mod, retro, old school glamour, you name it! I've been visiting PS since I was 5 years old (you could say it was my 2nd home), and I can honestly say it never got old going there. I haven't been in a few years now, and I'm itching to get back. *sigh*


But enough reminiscing, and on to the card. Have you seen the outfit to room posts out there like this one, where you take a room's decor and turn it into an outfit. I tried to do something similar for my card. I used the outfit above as inspiration. I love the hot pink jumpsuit with blue print (tough to see in the photo) and then the pop of green in the handbag. I've already bought two jumpsuits to wear this spring/summer, but this one is simply Divine!  

I found some left over buckles from my wedding invites and thought this would make a nice belt look. I stamped the background and drew the hat.

This is my pop of green inside - It was too much on the outside, but perfect inside




Materials:
Paper: Raspberry Fizz, Sweet Blush, Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss (Papertrey Ink)
Stamps: Guidelines too, Polka Dot Basics 2, Birthday Bash Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Cerulean (Colorbox), Orchid (Colorbox)
Ribbon: Michaels
Rhinestone Buckle: found online (can't recall the place)
Punches: Fancy Square 1.75" and 1.5" (McGill)

No comments: