April 5, 2011

Themed Drunch {Sunday Funday}


Sunday was the 5th Themed Drunch party held by a few of our friends. What is themed drunch you say? It's endless food and mimosa brunch with a costume theme tied to it. My friends organize these a few times a year. They pick the date, send out the randomly generated costume theme (we're supposed to keep it a secret) and then we show up at the bar for brunch dressed in our creation. It's called drunch because with endless mimosas,you tend to over indulge as your glass is never empty- aka drunch. This time the theme was cartoons. Past themes have included seasons (don't just think spring, summer, fall - you've got to get creative like say football season), school, heritage and careers. This was my first time in attendance, and let me tell you - these people get creative! I went as Daphne from Scooby Doo. I recycled this costume from about 10 years ago when a bunch of my friends and I went as the Scooby Doo Gang for Halloween. My mom made the dress...pretty snazzy huh? (i'm just impressed it still fits!). I even toted around a Mystery Machine as my purse.








Here are a few of the other cartoons in attendance:


Fred (from Scooby Doo) and Dilbert

Daphne, Fred, Dilbert, Jem, Mo (Bartender from Simpsons) and you can barely see Spongebob in the back

Spongebob - not the easiest to navigate in

Jem, Rugrat, Daphne and Spongebob
Others in attendance included Miss Piggy, Peppermint Patty, Linus, Woody, two Carebears and a second Spongebob (or should I say SpongeBetty!)

No comments: