November 8, 2011

Cleansing


Every year around Halloween I tend to go a bit overboard in the sugar category. I just can't help myself. The candy corns call my name at all hours of the day. I fall for their tricks every year.  I knew I had hit rock bottom when I found myself going for a second bag of candy corn (the big one by the way!) and it wasn't even noon yet. This is by no means healthy, and normally I'm a pretty healthy gal. I had to do something! Then, as if someone heard my cries, in my email was a blog post from Hillary at Who What Wear. She was recapping this cleanse that she did. I was intrigued. I had done cleanses before. The first couple days are hell. The headaches, the sluggishness, don't forget the constant hunger pains. She said this was different, so I thought I would give it a go. I ordered it up from BeWellByFrankLipman.com that night.

I'm on Day 10 and I have to say, this hasn't been difficult. You can't have caffeine, gluten, dairy, sugar, alcohol, or anything processed. Sounds restrictive, but it's really not. You drink 3 shakes during the day (breakfast, mid am snack, afternoon snack) and then eat lunch and dinner-The first dinner I made was roasted chicken with root vegetables. Real Food!  Along with the shakes, you get supplements that kill the cravings and aid in digestion and cleansing. This time around I didn't have any headaches, I haven't been hungry and I've already lost 4 pounds! I have to say I feel really good. I even did an intense hot yoga class this past weekend and felt great. In general I feel lighter and have tons of energy.

 If you are looking for something to jumpstart a healthy lifestyle, I recommend this. I feel great and know that I will continue with most of these habits. I will be adding wine back in (who am I kidding!), but will definitely be trying to avoid sugar and caffeine as well as gluten. 

No comments: