September 28, 2010

Hats off to you!

I'll be posting a lot more cards this week - a co-worker had a baby, I have a wedding to go to, and it seems everyone has a birthday coming up in the next few weeks. The first card this week is for a friend of mine who is turning 30. I remember when I turned 30, I thought it was the end of being hip, but I soon realized you are only as old as you feel. This leopard print fedora was my inspiration (we all know how much I LOVE leopard print - see this post). Since I didn't have a stamp or die cut to make the hat, I had to draw it free hand.  Then, I used my copic markers to color the leopard print. I think it turned out pretty good and I hope she likes it!




Materials:
Paper: Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink), Sft White (Paper*Source), Peacock (Paper*Source)
Copic Markers: Burnt Umber (E29), Yellow (Y06), Black (100),  Colorless blender
Ink: Staz On Timber Brown
Impression plate: Vintage Wallpaper (Stampin' Up)
Twine: Archiver's

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved the card... and I LOVE this blog! You are so creative and talented - it's fun to learn more about what inspires you! XOXO