October 15, 2010

Card-igan

After a quick trip to LA for work earlier this week, I'm back home working hard to get invites out for the Shop and Share event I'm hosting at J.Crew next week. I changed my design from the original sketches because as I was waiting to board the plane, I had an idea to use a sweater for the card. The card would be a cardigan opening where the buttons normally are. My inspiration was J.Crew's Infinity cardigan. I always travel with it. It's versatile in any temperature and great for layering. When I set out to make the cards, I decided to make each card different, but within the same color scheme of cream and black. I added a ribbon closure to keep the card shut. I think they turned out wonderful.  What do you think?


Shop and Share sample cards


Materials:
Paper: Sft White (Paper*Source), Black and cream printed paper asst (La Creme matstack by DCWV) Black Cardstock (Archivers)
Ribbon: Black  (Michaels)
Sweater pattern: drawn by hand and used as template

No comments: