January 10, 2011

India {the journey begins}

I'm in India! I'm still a bit jet lagged and trying to get adjusted to the 12 hour time difference. It's been a hectic first few days meeting the family and relatives - especially when I don't speak the language! I go to bed every night exhausted, but exhilarated. This place is amazing and so are the people. 


We landed at midnight and the drive from the airport was dark and desolate. When I awoke in the morning, I was greeted with color - fantastic combinations you don't see at home. Below are a few pictures I've taken around the neighborhood. 










We head to Delhi and Agra tomorrow to see the Taj Mahal - my camera is charged and ready to go. I'll try to post again when we get back to Chennai.

2 comments:

Halina said...

So excited to see your post from India! Have a fantastic time touring!

S B Hadley Wilson said...

Awesomeness!