May 25, 2011

DIY Skirt

This past weekend I finished my first sewing project. I found an old skirt pattern my mom had bought to make some skirts for me YEARS ago. Seriously, the pattern is from around 1996! I also found a few other patterns to try as I was searching for the perfect fabric to start with. It's safe to say the sewing bug has officially bitten me and I will be making more pieces in the next few weeks. I tend to go a bit overboard when I find new things I like to do! Stay tuned for more sewing adventures with these patterns:


I did end up wearing my new skirt out Saturday night. We had a friend's engagement party to go and it was a BBQ. I wanted something casual yet fun and this fit the bill perfectly. 

Tank-Target, Shirt-JCrew, Skirt-Self made, Shoes-Seychelles, Necklaces-EmersonMade, Watch-Coach, Earrings-Limited, Bracelets-gift, target,local designer
When I was looking at fabric, I intentionally picked a bold print that I could remix with all the basics in my closet. Below are a few other pieces I can wear with the skirt this summer - the possibilities are endless and I can't wait to start remixing. 

Upper Left: Tanks-Target, Shoes-Vince Camuto
Lower Left: Tank-Target, Sweater-Target, Shoes-BCBG
Right: Blouse-Gap, Belt-Linea Pelle, Shoes-BCBG
Skirt-Self Made, Necklaces-EmersonMade, Earrings-Limite, Watch-Coach, Bracelets-Target, Gifts, Local

No comments: