December 5, 2011

Muse Monday #6


photo from Pinterest
photo from Pinterest

Today's Muse Monday is inspired by Pinterest and JCrew. I've gushed enough about the things I find on Pinterest and you all know I love me some JCrew. They make preppy cool. When it came time to make a birthday card for my friend Wade, I knew it would have to be colorful, and where better to look for inspiration than a JCrew catalog. Wade and his husband Lalo are some of the most interesting people I know. It's always a good time, and this birthday did not disappoint. Lalo organized a happy hour, but it was the details he put into the event that made it special. The theme was old school flight attendant (think Pam Am). From the invites-boarding passes on flight 38 (Wade's age) to the luggage filled with vintage scarves, nothing was missed.  When you untied your vintage scarf, you found wings, peanuts, pretzels, and a bottle of liquor like you get on the plane.  It was fantastic! Then, to top it off, we had a paper airplane contest- we had to each make a paper airplane (not so easy when you haven't made one for YEARS) and then see who's would fly the farthest. I took second (my husband won-what do you expect, he's an engineer). All in all, it was a fun night and I think the card represented Wade well.





Materials:
Paper: Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink), Beet (PaperSource), Leaf (PaperSource), Lavender Moon (Papertrey Ink)
Stamps: Cupcake Collection, Table Servce (Both Papertrey Ink)
Ink:Night Sky (Versa Magic), Versa Mark
Other: Cupcake Collection Die (Papertrey Ink), Glitter

No comments: