November 17, 2010

Indian Dinner

A few weeks back, my husband ran into a family friend from India visiting their daughter here in MN. Their daughter had a baby two weeks ago, and they invited us to meet them for dinner this past Sunday. There's nothing like homemade Indian food! We had goat curry, fried egg dosa and tandoor chicken. This was my first time having goat, and shockingly, I liked it. The whole evening was an experience for me, as the father only spoke Tamil. It was fascinating to watch my husband speak Tamil with them and then translate for me. He better get used to it, because when we go to India in January, he'll be doing that a lot for me.

With the new baby, I once again found myself looking for a gift in the baby department, this time at Target. Is it just me, or is everything adorable when shopping for little girls?. I went with the winter wear theme, seeing as we had just experienced the first snow fall.

Outerwear (Target)

Vest, Tunic, Leggings, Sleeper (Target)

I also took the opportunity to make them a card. You know how I like to get crafty.





Materials:
Paper: Paper Bag (Paper Source), Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey Ink), Polka dot papers (Carolyn Gavin)
Stamp: Framed (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Brushed corduroy (Tim Holtz), Process Red (Prisma color marker)
Embellishments: Grand Adhesions
Die: Mat Stack #4 (Papertrey Ink)

No comments: