August 29, 2011

Muse Monday {Card Inspiration}

I'd like to introduce you to Muse Monday. When I sit down to make cards, more often than not I turn to the web for inspiration. To be more specific- Pinterest, Online Magazines (think Rue, GlitterGuide, LonnyMag, etc) and Fashion/Interior Design bloggers/sites tend to garner my attention. There is so much out there, it's hard not to glean inspiration. Each Monday, I'll showcase a card I've made and show you where the inspiration came from. It's similar to my outfit to card posts (here and here), but broader to include any and all things that get my creative juices flowing. Maybe they'll inspire you too!   

To kick things off, here's a card I made for my dad's birthday this past week. I love the colors citron, grey and turquoise together. 



Materials for card:
Paper: SoftWhite, Gravel (PaperSource), Spring Moss (PTI)
Stamps: Enjoy the Ride (PTI)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn)
Other: Ribbon (Joann), Buttons (Sewing kit)


Here is the inspiration for the card:


Photo from Kendieveryday

Do you know Kendi? Her blog is hilarious and I love her style.  Read it once and you're hooked. A few other images that helped me craft my design:


Photo from Pinterest
Photo from Pinterest

No comments: